The Patient Participation Group was developed in 2007, the group is comprised of a selection of patients and practice staff, who meet on a quarterly basis to discuss ways of making a positive contribution to the services and facilities offered by the Practice to the patients.
If you are interested in joining this group, please leave your details at reception for Mrs Claydon or complete the PPG sign up form.
The Group will normally consist of patients of the practice who have been nominated in consultation with other practice staff. The membership will try to include:
- The parent of a young child who is also the carer
- An elderly person, or person involved in the care of the elderly
- A person who has physical disabilities or learning disabilities, or someone who cares for such a person
The group is an advisory one with the following purposes:
- To give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in the Practice
- To provide the means for patients to make positive suggestions about the Practice and their own healthcare
- To act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of Health and Social Care
- To involve further patients from the wider population
There will be a Chairman who will be elected annually each January.
The Practice Manager will act as the Secretary and future minutes will be taken by an additional member of staff.
The Group will normally meet three times a year, but this may be varied as needs dictate. Each meeting will normally agree the date of the next meeting, but the Partners or any two Group Members may call an additional meeting at any mutually convenient date and time.
All minutes from meetings will be distributed to members via post after the meetings and the agenda for the following meeting will be sent no later than two weeks before the next meeting.
The terms of reference will be reviewed annually.
Please note that this is not a forum to air complaints, the practice has a robust complaint procedure that patients have to follow.
Confidentiality/Points of reference
All members will be expected to sign a copy of the confidentiality document and adhere to its contents at all times
Racism and discrimination will not be tolerated
Everyone’s view is as valid as another