As you can imagine we are experiencing a high volume of calls, Please be patient with us and your calls will be answered.
The NHS across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland will be better prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases, if the public follows Public Health England advice.
The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of patients and staff which may mean your patient experience is subject to change.
The new advice issued by the Chief Medical Officer is to stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature or
- a new continuous cough Or
- loss of/ change in smell or taste
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or a hospital. You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online. Stay At Home advice can be found here.
Everyone is being reminded to follow Public Health England advice to:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Information remains subject to regular change and updates. More information can be found on the NHS website here.
Change in rules regarding face coverings It was announced that from July 24th 2020 everyone is required to wear a face covering when entering a shop or business. This is in addition to wearing one on Public Transport which has been mandatory for some time now.If you feel you are unable to wear a mask for auditory/sensory/breathing reasons, please visit GOV website regarding exclusions.
Please note, it is not the responsibility or the role of the Surgery to issue anyone with an exemption letter or certificate. Please visit the website above for more information.
To book appointments and order repeat medication, log in using the link below.